Reclaiming Jewish Social Justice | The Poor of your Town Come First
Tuesday, August 25th, 2020
8:00 PM Israel Time / 10 AM PDT / 1:00 PM ET
The global COVID-19 pandemic has sparked a critical discussion about the relationship between Israel and world Jewry in these challenging times.
While this issue spans the Jewish world, we would like to re-frame this discussion by exploring the Jewish ideal found in the Talmud, “the poor of your town come first".
In this panel, we'll focus on social engagement and mutual responsibility as a local responsibility – a social activity that belongs in our own neighborhoods, one which includes both Jewish and non-Jewish communities.
Should we in the Jewish world solely support the poor in our Jewish communities or should we lead the way for social involvement in local communities and inspire others to join these efforts amid the growing social divides across the globe?
- Ruth W. Messinger, Global Ambassador for American Jewish World Service
- Nir Braudo, Deputy Director, BINA: The Jewish Movement for Social Change
- Daniel Posen, Co Founder and CEO, Posen Foundation
- Terry Newman, Chairman, Isramarin Modular Construction Ltd.
- Moderator: Jodi Rudoren, Editor-in-Chief of The Forward
Please sign up below. We will send you a Zoom link to the Webinar via email.
Exclusive offer for registrants: Get 6 months of The Forward for only $10. Stay up to date with unlimited access to news, culture and opinion — all through a Jewish lens